The CCB gives back to the communities to which we belong.
The CCB supports 3 Belgian Charities.
- Le Refuge – Les Salanganes is a state home for children taken from the custody of their parents because of abuse or neglect. It houses approximately thirty children, varying in age from 4-15 years, who attend local schools.
- Le Centre de Prévention des Violences Conjugales et Familiales, a transition house for women in abusive relationships, welcomes them with their children. The centre offers counseling to help the women build self-esteem and work towards ending the violence. www.cpvcf.org
- Les Perce-Neige is a state-funded day facility for children with multiple and severe physical and/or mental disabilities where they can receive stimulation and therapy. www.lesperceneige.be
From time to time, the CCB has supported Canadian Charities.
- Fisher House provides accommodation to families of wounded Canadian soldiers (and other nationalities) airlifted from Afghanistan to Germany.
- Cyclo-Defi raises money for cancer research.